Jambalaya is a slow cooking dish, so if you're in a hurry to eat before the night's festivities, look no further than this super quick version
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/3 block firm tofu squeezed
- 1/2 can diced tomatoes drained
- 1/2 cup rice- already cooked
- 1 tsp. cajun seasoning
1. In a skillet on medium heat, sauté the onion, garlic & carrot in the olive oil, about 2 minutes
2. Throw the red bell pepper into the mixture, and cook until all the veggies are starting to get tender
3. Add the diced tomatoes, tofu & cajun seasoning and let simmer until all the flavors are well-encorporated and the vegetables are as soft as you'd like them
4. Stir in the cooked rice & give everything a good dash of ground black pepper & maybe some cayenne if you like a little heat
5. When the rice is heated through, slice up the king cake & dig in!
Happy Fat Tuesday, everyone!