Traveling to a new country is always exciting & my recent trip to Japan already has me wistfully thinking of some of my my favorite things
1. Seeing one-of-a-kind places. Itsukushima-jinja in Miyajima was absolutely stunning, and totally unique- unlike anything I've ever seen before
2. Trying new experiences- I rode my first electric bike all over the island of Naoshima & it was a blast!
3. Seeing old friends & making new ones- Matt, Michael & I were college roommates, and getting to reunite in Japan was way too much fun ;)
4. The FOOD! Is there anything better than eating in a foreign country? We ate so many strange & amazing things, but one of my favorite items was the tofu! This one was soft, creamy & layered. Yum!
5. THE DRINK! Matcha, Sake, green tea & beer. Maybe it's the experience, or maybe it's because it's so fresh, but everything just tastes better when you're traveling
After such an amazing adventure, it's always hard to get back to normal life. Luckily, I have lots of photos and tasty memories that will get me through until the next exploit :)