Tomato + basil = an amazing flavor combination.
Add cheese & smush it in a panini press? Well, that right there is a seriously delicious sandwich.
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1/2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 tomato sliced
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella style cheese
- a healthy pinch of salt & pepper
- a big dash Italian seasoning
1. While your skillet or panini press is heating up, slice up the tomato & measure out the other ingredients
2. Lightly drizzle the balsamic vinegar onto one piece of bread & the olive oil onto the other
3. Layer the basil leaves on top of one slice of bread and top it with the tomato, cheese, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning & finally the other piece of bread
4. Place the assembled sandwich into your hot skillet or panini press & cook until the cheese is nice & melty & the bread perfectly golden brown- bon appetit :)