Friday, August 24, 2012

friday's fave 5: summer traditions

I love traditions, and the Big Green Tent slumber party is one of my favorite summer rituals

1. 1995 was the first year for Big Green tent- we were 8 years old & getting ready for 3rd grade
2. This year, 2012, was the 18th annual BGT- the girls may have changed, but the spirit is the same
3. We always curl up in blankets, set up the projector outside & watch Hocus Pocus on the "big screen"
4. Along with grilling burgers (and veggie burgers) we make s'mores- regardless of the calories :)
5. No matter how old we get, I always cover the kitchen table with paper so we can color with crayons- this year I made custom coloring book pages from old photos of previous years

What are some of your favorite summertime traditions & how do you celebrate them? The BGT was just last friday, but I'm already getting excited for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment